Sunday, February 17, 2013

Getting NSYNC

No, not the boy band... I'm working on getting my mind and my stomach and body in sync. And it's not easy, by the way. I've noticed a couple of things over the past month or so. The first thing is that I am having a hard time seeing the physical change in me. The way I can tell is by my clothes. It still surprises me when I put on things and they are too big.  :)

The other thing I am working on is learning when to stop eating. I read on a bariatric surgery forum/website about this and it's true:  when you think you want just "one more bite" of food... DON'T DO IT!!!  Being overly full is VERY uncomfortable, and if it's bad enough you'll throw up! So I just remind myself, "This is not the last meal you'll ever eat!" Maybe if I had used this philosophy earlier in life, I wouldn't have had this weight problem!

One thing I hate, but am also working on, is not being able to eat things that I love in in large quantities. I get the old, familiar feeling I used to get when I wanted to REALLY indulge in a particular food. Now sometimes I'll think, "Oh I can't wait to eat _________ (fill in the blank, for instance Mexican food)." I now have to savor every bite, because I'm not going to get many before I'm full for that meal!  I'm getting used to being asked two things when I dine in a restaurant: 1) Would you like a box for that? and 2) Was there something wrong?  It's actually kind of funny to see the look on their faces when I have barely eaten anything. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Look at your pretty waist!! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete