Friday, April 19, 2013

Four Months Post-Op

Here I am at the four-month mark.  I know I keep saying it's hard to believe, but it really is!  I have now lost 52 pounds and I'm ecstatic! My weight loss hasn't been much this month, but I definitely have lost inches. As I have said in previous posts, I seem to be losing inches, as my clothes are definitely looser!  I have bought smaller sized pants in anticipation! LOL

A strange thing has happened that I've noticed, and my friend who also had this surgery is experiencing too -- she calls it "weight loss snobbery."  Although I would not consider myself a snob, I have noticed that when I see extremely overweight people, I want to go up and tell them, "There is something you can do about this!"  I am not judging them at all, it's just like I want to share with them the wonderful success I've had, that they can have too!
 
The other thing I'm experiencing that I'm not quite comfortable with is that people are looking, and even staring at me.  I know that there has been a major change in my appearance, but I am not comfortable with all of the looks I've been getting!  Although I am really appreciative of the compliments I've been getting, I am very self-conscious about this!  Anyway, I"m still very happy with my results, and can't wait to see what next month brings!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment