Thursday, December 26, 2013

1 Year Anniversary and Thoughts on Turning 50

December 19 marked the one year anniversary of the surgery that changed everything for me! I feel like I have been given my life back, and my only regret is that I didn't do it much sooner!  Besides my physical appearance, the biggest change is in how much energy I have. I used to take naps all the time, and now it is rare for me to do that. I still love naps, just not as a way to pass the time or escape from life.

I have lost a total of 93 pounds, which still amazes me. I have lost 6 inches from my bust, 8 inches from my waist, and 13 inches from my hips. Downside? I have really ugly flabby excess skin on my abdomen and thighs. They say you have to give your body/skin time to adjust, but often times people need plastic surgery for the excess skin. Time will tell, I guess.

Here are some before and after pictures, as painful as it is for me to look at the before shots!! 
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2012






















July 2009
December 20 was also a major milestone for me as I celebrated my 50th birthday. I didn't want to be alone, so I threw myself a birthday party. Some of my really good friends came and spent the evening sharing good times.

December 2013
Turning 50 doesn't really feel any different than turning 30 or 40 did. Perhaps that is because I feel so much better physically and emotionally than I have in years! However, reaching this half-century milestone does cause one to reflect on life, the past, and the future. It's another birthday and Christmas without having a partner, but I'm ok. I trust that God will bring my perfect mate at the right time. Until then I will enjoy my family and friends, and always be thankful for them!

Merry Christmas, my friends!


1 comment:

  1. Hot. Tee! Fifty is gonna be great for you! I love and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete